Youth Entrepreneurship & Design Challenge
Grades 6 - 12
Design Thinking, Collaboration, Problem-Solving, Entrepreneurship
Classtimes will be synched to your course schedule.
50 minutes, two times a week.
Number of Sessions:
Nationwide, 41% of students say they want to be entrepreneurs, and over half believe they will invent something that will change the world to make it a better place. In this fun interactive course, students take the driver’s seat to tackle real issues in their community and develop products, services, and campaigns to address those issues. Through this interactive project-based course, students will create youth-driven solutions to this year’s Challenge Question: How might we build powerful, thriving communities where everyone enjoys safety, wellness, and economic freedom?
• Discover how to use the 5-step process for Human-Centered Design -- Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test
• Connect with a real entrepreneur in the community
• Engage in an immersive 3D experience
• Develop 21st Century Skills - communication, collaboration, problem-solving, Innovation, grit, and self-management
• Develop a greater sense of ownership and agency over their learning and goals
The course ends with students pitching their solutions to community judges. Winning teams can apply for up to $250 in seed funding to bring their solutions to life. Join us, and let’s BUILD!
The Youth Entrepreneurship & Design Challenge is hosted by BUILD to empower youth
nationwide and give them a sense of self-agency as they strive to achieve their goals. BUILD’s mission is to ignite the power of youth in under-resourced communities to build Career success, Entrepreneurial mindsets, and Opportunity. We help students become the CEO of their own lives.